Sunday, April 15, 2012

What I think about blogs...

Personally, I have never done anything like this blogging business and after this class I don't think I ever will again. I don't post on Facebook about my feelings,I don't like to discuss what's on my mind with a shrink, in fact, I don't tell most of my friends what my feelings are so why would I put them on the internet for everyone to see?... I don't like it. But it must be done.I completely understand why Dr. Reed is asking us to do this and it makes sense but I just don't feel it to be necessary for us to put it online. Having us dig a little deeper into our thoughts on the literature and extending our discussion among and outside the classroom will broaden our knowledge of the work.  I feel that keeping a weekly journal, or even a small paper about every piece we read would suffice to what's he's asking though. Actually, I feel that writing what our thoughts are on this literature through an online site is restraining us from fully understanding what others think of it. It restricts our discussion because it is not live. Interactions between peers verbally enhances social skills, conversation techniques and with a live, ongoing conversation the views can be more deeply discussed. Discussion through paragraphs on a computer is very limited. Thoughts are not flowing, words are not moving through the air, they are stagnate on a white page stuck inside a box. Open oral discussions would be best for the sake of the discussion itself. Well...this is what I believe anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment